Randy C. Skagen: President of the Association for Iron & Steel Technology (AIST) for 2017–2018
Randy C. Skagen, Vice President and General Manager, Nucor Steel Tuscaloosa Inc./US, has been appointed President of the Association for Iron & Steel Technology (AIST) for 2017–2018. Randy Skagen succeeds Wendell L. Carter, Vice President and General Manager, ArcelorMittal Indiana Harbor/US.
AIST announced its 2017–2018 Executive Committee and Board of Directors during AISTech 2017, the organization's annual conference and exposition, which was held 8–11 May 2017 in Nashville/US.
Also appointed as officers were:
• First Vice President: James F. Dudek, Vice President, Asset Revitalization and Manufacturing Excellence, United States Steel Corporation
• Second Vice President: Ronald J. O'Malley, F. Kenneth Iverson Chair, Professor and Director, Kent D. Peaslee Steel Manufacturing Research Center, Missouri University of Science and Technology
• Past President: Wendell L. Carter, Vice President and General Manager, ArcelorMittal Indiana Harbor, East Chicago
• First Officer-at-Large: Steven J. Henderson, Vice President and Chief Supply Chain Officer, Commercial Metals Company
• Second Officer-at-Large: Keith J. Howell, Chief Operating Officer, USA Operations, ArcelorMittal USA
• Third Officer-at-Large: Barry T. Schneider, Senior Vice President, Flat Roll Steel Group, Steel Dynamics Inc.
• Fourth Officer-at-Large: Brian K. Bishop, Vice President, Carbon Steel Operations, AK Steel
• Treasurer: Joseph Dzierzawski, President and Chief Executive Officer, SMS USA LLC
• Secretary: Ronald E. Ashburn, Executive Director, Association for Iron & Steel Technology
• AIST Foundation President: Kolin L. Keller, Vice President, Operations Support, Commercial Metals Company.
AIST Board Members are: Sunday O. Abraham, Principal Research Engineer, SSAB Iowa Inc.; Rishabh Bahel, Energy Manager, ArcelorMittal Cleveland; Sabyasachi Bandyopadhyay, Executive Director and Chief Technology Officer, Group Steel Business, Jindal Steel & Power Ltd./IN; Jeffrey G. Blankenship, President, MRSI – Maintenance-Reliability Solutions Inc.; Stephen M. Bunch, Assistant Manager, Metallurgical Quality Services, California Steel Industries; Kester D. Clarke, Associate Professor, Colorado School of Mines; Kelly M. Dallas, Principal Engineer, Central Engineering, ArcelorMittal USA; Larry D. Guinn, Material Handling Supervisor, Nucor Steel; David C. Hamblin, Hot Mill Supervisor, Nucor Steel; James M. Lash, Area Manager, Steelmaking, U. S. Steel – Great Lakes Works; Kyle J. Lysitt, Rolling and Finishing Electrical Supervisor, Nucor Steel; Angelo A. Manenti, Vice President, North American Business Development, TENOVA Inc.; Larry A. Marks, Senior Manager, Steel Processing, TimkenSteel Corp.; Bernie J. Marrese, Account Manager – Special Products, Primetals Technologies USA LLC; Sun Cheer Sheen, President and Chief Executive Officer, Donghae Steel Tech Corp./KR; Darrell E. Sturgill, Sales and Technical Service Manager, IMERYS Steelcasting USA Inc.; Wayne S. Thompson, Rental Representative, Lifting Gear Hire Corp./CA; and Dejan Zrelec, Senior Project Manager, TENOVA Goodfellow/CA.
AISTech 2017 was one of the largest gatherings of industry personnel in the world this year. The four-day conference program encompassed more than 550 technical presentations, and exhibits by more than 530 domestic and international companies.